Pyrland School was the first academy to join the Richard Huish Trust, part of the Richard Huish College – an outstanding sixth form college at the heart of the Taunton community. The trust’s vision is to provide exceptional education and training, through the delivery of a holistic academic and vocational curriculum. This is delivered through the core values that shape the behaviour of all trust members.
Pyrland School is committed to providing a wide range of opportunities to ensure all students make the most of their learning and participate fully in academy and community life. We pride ourselves on being an extremely caring school. Our students feel safe, cared for and are aware of the help they can access when issues arise. We have an exceptional pastoral team who get to know students and their families. The Richard Huish Trust has seven core values:
- Pupils and students are at the centre of everything we do – all decisions are considered in relation to the impact on pupils and students.
- We consider the environmental impact of our activities and actively seek more sustainable solutions – we are committed to reducing our environmental impact.
- We are determined and rigorous in our pursuits of educational excellence – we are individually and collectively committed to making improvements for the benefit of students and pupils.
- We strive to add value and are committed to supporting all members of the School and College community to achieve beyond what might be expected.
- We have a culture that cares for the individual and promotes inclusivity, equality and mutual respect – specialist support is available for all and diversity is embraced.
- Honesty and integrity are central to our work – we are committed to being transparent, open and trusting.
- We work collaboratively and constructively as a team in order to best serve the local and wider community – all stakeholders work together positively and professionally.
Our buildings mean that students are able to study within state-of-the-art facilities. There is a wide choice of academic and vocational routes for students, taught by a dedicated and highly skilled teaching team with cutting edge information technology. The curriculum is designed so that all students have the opportunity to take part in enrichment and extra-curricular activities which develop their interests and aspirations. Students progress at a pace which encourages them to attain at the very highest level.
Whatever our students’ interests or aptitudes, we aim to provide an approach that deals with their needs on an individual basis. Our unique partnership with Richard Huish College allows us to provide exceptional progression opportunities for all our students and allows them to access opportunities to enhance their educational development.
We are committed to working with students, their families and the local community to ensure every child unlocks his or her full potential and achieves beyond what might be expected.
To read all of our Ofsted reports please see their website.